- Sleigh bells– I love those J-i-n-g-l-e bells! Draped from the door they’ll remind you that Santa Clause is coming to town with every opening.
- Vintage Sleds, Ice Skates, & Snowshoes (the older the better)!!!
- On the table – citrus fruits, greenery, some bronze pheasants, white candles everywhere, and there’s no time like the present for the fine China!
Peacock feathers are always a good idea but especially around the holidays, as seen inside the cozy Beverly Hills home of designer Mary Macdonald.
- Garlands draped everywhere from the front door, to the stair case, and around the mantel (basically anywhere you can find a home for them).
- My personal preference is warm white Christmas lights strung assiduously (not cool white, and not colorful).
- Poinsettias (loads of them) and sprigs of fresh greens, red and white flowers throughout!
- Remember not every house needs to look like a Land’s End ad, so throw in a giant lawn blow up for good measure…but only if it makes your heart happy!